My Favorite Festival - Christmas!

Good Morning Dear Teachers and My Dear Friends. Today we have gathered here to talk about our favorite festivals. Festival is a day of celebration and joy and every festival spreads the message of love and good will.

Although I enjoy all the festivals, Christmas is my favorite festival. It is celebrated on 25th of December every year. This is one festival which is celebrated across the globe and for that reason builds a bond of love around the world.

We enjoy decorating the Christmas tree, eating cakes and singing Christmas Carols. We put up a stocking in our house with our wishes inside. We leave cookies and milk waiting for Santa Claus to enjoy and leave our presents. On Christmas morning, we have our presents. Wow! It is a merry day for us.

But is like that for everyone?  There are many poor children in the world for whom Christmas is sad. Some, do not even have parents to care for them.

I wish I become an elf on Christmas eve and join Santa in his workshop. I will beautifully wrap toys and sweaters for them.  This Christmas, I'll be Santa and give gifts of love, joy and hope.

So, the true spirit of Christmas is not in taking but in giving.


(Nandini won first prize for this speech)

Comments

Popular Posts