I like my science class because...

When I was small, my mother showed me the movie of "Tinker Bell" and Disney Fairies. I liked it very much. Fairies made rainbows, grew flowers, painted butterflies and even changed seasons. I loved the fairies for what they do. But when I first came to my science class I came to know that there are no fairies and all this is science. We can see it and we can feel it.

Our teacher tells us about nature, plants and animals. Because of my Science class I can tell my grandmother that plants are alive because they grow and the food they eat. Because of my Science class I know where everything we have, comes from.

Science is like magic and I like magic. Our teacher shows many tricks in class. I rub a balloon on my head and it sticks on the wall without any glue. I sow a seed in soil and water it and it sprouts. I turn a colour wheel and its colour changes. All this looks like magic but our teacher tells us this is science. I really enjoy the science activities we do in class.


My science class is interesting because it tells about the earth, our planet and how to take care of it. As a child I have many questions and I can find answers in my science class and that is wonderful.

(An entry to CBSE series for grade 1)

Comments

Popular Posts