My Meditation course

Image result for anapanacourse 



 A few days back I went for a meditation course in Jaipur. We call it Anapana, it follows the tenet led by Lord Buddha. Ānāpānasati, meaning "mindfulness of breathing", is a form of Buddhist meditation originally taught by Gautama Buddha in several suttas including the Ānāpānasati Sutta. It was for two and a half days. The main use of anapana is to become aware of your mind, it works if you put your entire attention on the entrance of the nostrils, you should know every breath coming in and every breath going out. We were meditating while listening to Sri S.N Goenka.


Image result for sn goenka


We had to wake up at 5 am and sleep at 9 pm. I slept 2 times during meditation and my teacher told me it is the side effect of all your bad habits going out of the body.  I made a ton of friends there. It was a very interesting experience because we did different things we don't do often. For example, we did skits over there, and I was the narrator, we also cleaned our own dishes after eating. Everyone had two-roommates. My roommates were my age and we became good friends. We felt extremely sleepy while doing the meditation because it was very boring. The food was also very bland. The heat was also a pain. Despite all this, I would like to visit there again. The experience there was fantastic.     

Comments

Popular Posts